WordsFresh is Louisville’s only writing agency and one of the few in the country – and we are growing quickly. Our writers drive strategy, lead creative projects, and form long-term relationships with clients. Our Highlands office is relaxed, our team is collaborative and upbeat, and writers manage their own schedules.
WordsFresh is seeking a copywriter and digital strategist in Louisville, Ky.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must have three to five years of agency experience in writing marketing copy and have demonstrated success in digital strategy. A B.A. in communications, journalism, English or other writing-focused discipline is preferred.
In addition, the candidate should have these skills and qualities:
- Ability to initiate and execute highly effective creative concepts that deliver on the brand strategy – in print, digital and video
- Ability to produce both short- and long-form copy
- Experience with interviewing for content
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Skilled in English grammar and punctuation and familiar with multiple style guides
- Ability to identify trends and technologies that best serve clients’ needs
- Experience writing for different types of digital platforms, such as apps, web landing pages and social channels
- Ability to write compelling copy that balances brand with SEO objectives and drives audiences to specific actions
- Knowledgeable of marketing and communication best practices and how to apply them
- Adept at self-management and problem-solving
- Has a high level of personal integrity
- Projects positivity and a professional presence
- Is intellectually curious and committed to continuous growth
We believe a careful hiring process is best for both candidates and our business, and we are committed to ensuring the perfect fit for both. Our hiring process is completely confidential.
Our hiring process:
1. Please submit our online form with:
- Hello letter (Full disclosure: we look at this carefully for signs of creative sparkle and marketing savvy)
- Portfolio link or work samples
2. Invitation to participate in writing exercise (stipend provided)
3. In-person interviews
4. Reference checks
5. Final hiring decision